Club Industry Show 2012: Reaching The Press
Reaching the Press at Club Industry
How do I reach the press in attendance?
We provide all exhibitors with the opportunity to upload Press Releases and information about New Products, Show Specials and more. This is an excellent way to get your brand noticed by attending press who browse exhibitor listing by category and keywords.
How do I upload my Press Releases?
- Login on the Exhibitor Resources page.
- Click the "Booth Info and Forms" button
- Click the "Edit" button under Press Releases. There you can enter a title and insert a press release (you can copy and paste). Include a link to your website's full press page.
How do I maximize my Press Coverage?
Below you will find a few tips to get the most out of your Press Kit.
- Be an early bird. Members of the press are already browsing the Show Directory, looking for exhibitors to profile. The earlier you get your Press Kit set up, the greater chance you have for exposure.
- Focus your message. Your Press Kit should be clean, concise and targeted to specific media members/outlets who would be most interested in your brand and products. Think quality over quantity and an opportunity to build a relationship instead of landing a singular story.
- Differentiate. Don't just focus on facts and figures. Tell a story. What makes your brand/product different? What is something unique/unknown about it that would make for an interesting article?
- Be green and hi-tech. Transitioning to an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) is a great way to diminish paper waste. USB Flash Drives make for an easy giveaway and allow you to store a variety of information about your company on them. Take it a step further and purchase custom branded drives with your company logo on them for even greater exposure. The latest trend in technology is QR codes because they can be scanned with any Smartphone and will take people to your company’s website, a video, or anything else you may want to show them.
- Be prepared to interact in person. Having a solid press kit is fantastic. Having a solid conversation with a media member visiting your booth is that much better! Refer them to the best spokesperson(s) for your company, ask if there is anything in particular that they're interested in, and be prepared to tell a good story.
- Enhance your message through your social channels. Leading up to Club Industry and onsite be sure to maintain active social media profiles in order to help you paint a fuller picture of what your brand/product is about. Use "@clubindustry" and #CIShow when you tweet.
- Capture information and connect. Conversations are great, but maximize your free CSI lead retrieval unit given to all exhibitors for collecting information when you are on site.
- Follow up. After the show, make sure to follow up with the press members who came by your booth or otherwise expressed interest in your brand/product. If you weren't given coverage this time around, building and maintaining a relationship with a media member/outlet can lead to future opportunities. Even when members of the press are unable to attend they often request information on our exhibitors' products anyway.
Good public relations results take time
Keep in mind that it takes time to garner results from your public relations efforts. By focusing on providing ongoing layers of communication, information that is genuinely useful, and story ideas that go beyond the obvious, you can gain valuable exposure and build lasting appeal.
What if I have other questions?
Feel free to contact our press team at PR@newhope.com